Austin & Temple Area Wedding Officiant and Minister Services
We offer a FREE initial consultation (in person, Skype, Facetime, or phone); this allows you to determine if our services are what you are looking for in your wedding officiant. We are available weekdays, evenings, or weekends for FREE consultations. In most cases, all follow up questions can be addressed via email, phone or text. If an additional consultation is needed, we will meet with you to ensure your wedding ceremony is perfect.
Wedding officiant services in Austin can vary greatly and we want the bride and grooms we serve to receive the level of attention their important day deserves. Regrettably some couples have chosen their officiant solely based on price, and then days or even hours before the ceremony have been “left at the altar.”
Wedding costs – what’s OPTIONAL VS. REQUIRED?
Venue – $1,500 – $20,000 – OPTIONAL
Flowers – $1,000 – $10,000 – OPTIONAL
Photography – $750 – $15,000 – OPTIONAL
Videography – $1,500 – $7,500 – OPTIONAL
Catering/Bar – $1,000 – $20,000 – OPTIONAL
I Do Ceremonies as your Officiant – Priceless 😉 – REQUIRED
To secure your date a 50% deposit and signed Service Agreement is required. For your convenience, we accept cash, cashiers checks, money orders, check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover,
American Express, or PayPal. The Service Agreement is sent to you upon scheduling the consultation so you can review before meeting.
Standard Ceremony includes: creating your personalized wedding ceremony, including the processional, opening, exchange of vows, exchange of rings, unity ceremonies, special memories, marriage acrostics, special readings, blessings, etc., recessional and completing/filing of the marriage license. (We generally arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the ceremony start time.) In most cases for full ceremony services the rate is only $350.00, there are some cases where it is less (based on day of the week, time and location – Also, see the two other tabs on my site for our Elopement and Small Ceremony rates and options). Contact for rate.
“What is the purpose of a rehearsal?” The primary purpose of the rehearsal is to ensure the wedding party knows where to stand during the ceremony. In the majority of cases, the bridal party will be lined up, a walk through of the processional and recessional, and some basic instructions are provided. Where to stop for the Giving away the Bride, the basic elements of the ceremony, the ring exchange, unity ceremony.
There are many coordinators and wedding planners that have great experience with coordinating the rehearsal, in those cases, do not hire two people for the same job (both the planner and I Do Ceremonies is not required). Some venues have day of coordinators that provide excellent service and our services are not needed for the rehearsal. Some venues include this level of service: The Terrace Club, Canyonwood Ridge, Silo and Oak, Vista West Ranch, Vintage Villas, Twisted Ranch, Chateau on the Creek, Green Pastures, Hummingbird House to name a few. In most cases, we are not needed for rehearsals (less than 20% of couples need this service after seeing our detailed approach, or if they a coordinator or planner assisting them).
If you do not have a wedding coordinator, do not worry, we have coordinated numerous rehearsals ensuring every detail is covered and we can assist. Some coordinators/planners do not understand the level of detail involved in the ceremony process; and, unfortunately, even with wedding planners/coordinators, some couples have experienced frustrations that could have been avoided if we had conducted the rehearsal.
In some cases, if a rehearsal does not take place, couples can experience things like: bridal party doesn’t know when to walk in and spacing if off for photos; rings are forgotten; bridal party unclear where to stand, unity ceremony is not set up; family doesn’t know where to sit; maid of honor doesn’t know how to hand off bouquet to fluff train. It should give you a feel for the overall flow of how your ceremony will take place on your wedding day, and it gives the entire wedding party a chance to “practice” and ensure everyone is on the same page. The rehearsal is generally conducted a few days before the wedding ceremony, or the same day based on availability of all parties. For convenience, the rehearsal may take place at any location (we have performed rehearsals at city parks, restaurants, hotel lobbies, and backyards).
Most rehearsals are $250.00, in some cases it is less (based on day of the week, time and location). Contact for rate.
- When does the first song or music begin?
- If you have a DJ or live music, where will they be set up during the ceremony?
- Who enters first to begin the processional?
- Who will usher in each honored guest?
- Where will the bride’s mom sit?
- Who walks the bride’s mom down the aisle?
- Where do the grooms parents sit?
- When/where do the step-parents enter and sit?
- When does each member of the wedding party enter?
- When does the mother of the bride stand?
- Where does each member stand once they arrive at the front?
- Where does the ring bearer stand?
- Where does the flower girl stand?
- Who is walking the bride down the aisle?
- Where does the bride and her escort(s) stop, to be “given away”?
- The giving away of the bride.
- The grooms instructions for the hand off.
- Do not step on the train!
- Who will adjust the train?
- How to hand off the bouquet?
- How will each person in the bridal party stand to ensure quality pictures?
- Where does the bride and groom stand?
- How would special honor of blessings be incorporated?
- How are special readings incorporated?
- How will the vows be presented?
- Who will have the rings? (Ring bearer, Best Man, Maid of Honor)
- Which way to turn to request the rings?
- How does the ring ceremony work?
- How is a unity ceremony handled?
- How are cultural traditions incorporated?
- Presentation of the couple.
- Instructions for family and friends during final pictures at the end of the ceremony.
Other fees may apply:
- Credit Card and PayPal fee: 3% per transaction
- Travel expenses: Please contact to discuss if this applies to your venue.
~ I Do Ceremonies Austin Area Wedding Officiant and Minister
Serving: Temple, Belton, Waco, Killeen, Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Hutto, Taylor, Cedar Park, Salado, Leander, Florence, Marble Falls, Dripping Springs, Travis County, Williamson County, Bell County, Burnet County, Coryell County, Falls County, Hays County